Team Nurse offers training for those wishing to start a career in the In-Home Care field! A PCA is a personal care aide who assists with the personal care of clients in their homes, while under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Download PCA Class Application
Or click here to submit your application online
Upcoming Classes and Locations:
July 9, 2018
22634 Timberlake Rd. Suite E,
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502
- For more information call (434)582-4755.
July 9, 2018
1372 W. Gretna Road Suite B,
Gretna, Virginia 24557
- For more information call (434)309-2674.
Each class is a required 40 hour course, held Monday through Friday at a designated office location. After successful completion of the course and course requirements, you are eligible to begin work with Team Nurse! You will recieve your certificate once training has been completed and the class has been paid for in full. We do offer easy financial options to help you pay for the class!
Duties of a PCA (included but are not limited to):
- Assistance with the following:
- Ambulation (Assistance with mobility)
- Transferring (To and from sitting, laying and standing positions)
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be able to perform the required tasks
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have acceptable criminal background